Mobile Progress Tracking
The app that connects Location Based Scheduling with field
Easy On-Site Progress Reporting
To manage your construction project efficiently, you need continuous updates on progress.
To do this easy, we developed the app Tactplan Mobile, which enables on-site progress reporting on your phone or tablet.
Tactplan Schedule is the scheduling and planning module of the Tactplan solution. Tactplan is a rethought construction software based on the highly successful scheduling method Location Based Scheduling (Line of Balance) and its sibling Takt Time Planning. We have done the hard work of making it easy for you. No more need for cumbersome spreadsheets or old desktop software. It is now easy to use, supports live collaboration in your browser, and is ready to integrate with data from your preferred BIM and cost estimation tools.
Tactplan Mobile Progress Tracking App has the features you actually need
Tactplan Mobile app lets you register the current stage of your construction project and report progress while on the construction site.
Implementing new digital tools on a construction project can be a headache. That is why our customers requested a simple and user-friendly solution for progress reporting. And this mobile app answers their needs.
We designed the Tactplan Mobile to be easy to use and navigate. You will find no excess features or distracting elements here.
Instead, the app’s design fits people on the go and people who are tired of apps with too many buttons that are difficult to hit in the rain.
In other words, it is a simple and intuitive tool for reporting progress.
The app is easy to use because it contains no advanced or unnecessary features.
We have had enough apps for construction that require hours of training. We don’t see much point in developing apps for construction that you have to be an expert in IT to use.
We designed the Tactplan Mobile from the adage “less is more.”
It really is this simple with the Mobile Progress Tracking app
- Select the task you are working on
- Select the location
- Use the buttons to indicate approximate progress (%)
- Choose ‘accept’
When you report progress on an activity, the app sends the information to Tactplan’s data storage. Then, the system extracts and compares the new data with previous data to form analyses. Shortly after, the report will appear as progress in the BI-dashboards.
Features of Tactplan Mobile
We designed the Tactplan Mobile app for construction managers, contractors, and QAs. Some of the features you get are:
- Register percentage completed for the different tasks
- Overview of progress broken down by location and activity
- Photos and comments – you always have the documentation at hand. This way, you will not have to leaf through countless e-mails, texts, and folders when you need something.
- The Tactplan Control app has contact info on everyone who reports to the app. Then you always know to whom you need to go for clarification.
- See what quantities are associated with each activity and location. Coordinating materials and deliveries to specific locations will become much more accessible, saving the contractors time.
- Check the last time someone inspected an activity.
The Comments & Constraints Feature
Get an overview of all your data online in the browser
The mobile app has a built-in feature for collecting comments and constraints broken down by activity and location. When a sub-contractor registers progress on an activity, they can attach photos or comments.
Comments with their specific activity and location will appear in Tactplan Control. If an area of the construction site has many comments, it might signal a general issue on the location. Now you know where to focus your efforts.
If something stops the sub-contractor from completing their task, they can register a constraint and its type. Then you know exactly whom to send to fix the problem. Was it a lack of materials? Over-crowding? Did the previous sub-contractor make a mistake?
Tactplan Mobile provides smooth and effortless registration, collection, and reporting.
The Constraints-dashboard makes Lean construction easier
- Unfinished previous work on the location
- Lack of room at the site
- Counter-productive external circumstances (e.g., weather, sanctions)
- Missing tools and machines
- Missing materials or insufficient quality of materials
- Insufficient manning
- Lack of information (e.g., plans, blueprints, or measurements)
Tacplan’s custom BI-dashboards and Tactplan Mobile facilitate Lean methods and the use of the Last Planner System. The mobile app lets you categorize constraints according to the seven types.
Would you like to know more?
With the Tactplan Mobile, you can get an overview of all the data related to a project – user-friendly and intuitively. Contact us, and we will find out how we can help you.
Kristian Birch Pedersen
CEO and Founder
M.Sc. (CivEng), Master of IT, PhD
+45 53 55 59 19